The journey of a first year Kindergarten teacher...

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Classroom Day 1 and 2

Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates.. I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off! I have been setting up my classroom since Monday and I have either been tired, sore, or sleepy to blog..I have amazing news! I found out that Kinder teachers schedules are different from the rest of the school..Instead of working from 8-4:30PM, we will start at 7 and finish by 3:30PM..I'm so excited because that hour makes all the difference with my commute (1 hour away from my home). All the veteran Kinder teachers are all very sweet and helpful and I cannot wait to meet up with them either today or tomorrow to plan together. From what they told me, the first two weeks are all about reviewing and testing. I also found another teacher who is obsessed as much as I am with TpT and Pinterest! :) I'm sure we will be collaborating a lot together with ideas... So far I have been setting up my classroom, went to several meetings, lugged around my teacher editions and have been searching for all the student books. I also printed out the whole year's pacing guides.. On to the pictures! Well these pictures are only from Monday and Tuesday. I will post some more tomorrow of what I have as of right now to the final pictures.
My window area with banner and curtains..

Library/manipulatives area


Subject boards
Small group table

Morning meeting area

Before

Before

What do I know with this column? Suggestions?

Before

Front of classroom

Before ...

Until tomorrow..I will post my finished product :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your darling blog. Could you make the column into a palm tree? Could you paint it and add some palm tree leaves, add some vine, put a monkey, etc. Good luck with your room!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete